Thursday, September 11, 2008

We will never forget!

There are events in our lives that we will never forget. Maybe the days that will never be erased from our memories are happy days like the births of our children or our wedding day but there are also those sad and terrible events in our lives that we will never forget.

One horrible day that I know that I will never forget is September 11, 2001!

Our older seniors also remember Pearl Harbor. My mom was in high school and says that her class listened to the news report on the radio. I'm sure that was a terrible and scary time. My dad joined the Navy his senior year in school. This was approximately a year or two after the bombing of Pearl Harbor but he did see many things and served his county well.

I may be old but not quite old enough to remember President Kennedy's assassination. That was another sad and terrible time for America.

I can’t believe it’s been 7 years. I can’t believe that one day in history can change so many lives, and leave such a lasting impression. I think I will always remember the events of that day- the fear, the confusion, the surprise that something like that could happen to US!

So what about you... I know you will agree with me.. September 11, 2001 is a day that...

We will never forget!



3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You are correct - days like that remind us why we are here and what we stand for. Thanks for sharing your feelings - I remember JFK assignation- and RKF's and MLK's Sad days - and now this for my grandchildren to have to remember...sad.
Colleen

Betty said...

We will remember and pray we never have another day like it!

We're back from the beach (just arrived home today) and I'm catching up on my favorite blogs. Sorry to hear your summer is coming to an end...come on down, we have so much heat left yet!

Take care.

Chosen1forlife said...

I was in College at NSU in Tahlequah. My friend Daniel called me about 8:45 that morning and said "Are you watching this?! Oh no! Oh Hell no! I can't believe they are doing this to us!".
I was asleep at the time (didn't have a class until 10:00 that day). I turned on the tv and saw what everybody in the world saw.

Just listen to Alan Jackson's "where were you when the world stopped turning"...that describes perfectly how we all felt.