Monday, March 3, 2008

My Mother's Day Project

My sweet mother turned 84 on January 31, 2008. She too is so very excited about my first grand baby! In fact she has been busy making a special baby pillow. The pillowcase is made of pink satin with the baby girl's name in embroidery.

We talk almost everyday on the phone because we live two states away from each other. I miss her dearly and wish I could visit her more often. I will be going to Oklahoma for Easter weekend to see the BABY GIRL and I plan on having my mom right there with me as well. The next trip to Oklahoma will be in May and I am planning a Mother's Day celebration with our newest member of the family.

My gift to her will be a a video of her life. I plan on using mostly still pictures and also home videos. For the past couple of months I have been gathering the photos that I can from my two sister's and I have even "borrowed" some of my mom's photos. This has been so much fun and I am astonished to find out that there are pictures that my mom has had that I have never seen before. I now have pictures of my grandmother when she was a child. I also have a picture of her grandmother... that's right... I said my grandmother's, grandmother! WoW. Can you believe it?

So between tax season (I work as an Administrative Assistant for a CPA firm) and my Mother's Day project and all of my other daily routine things that I have going on ... I am a very busy person these days.

Here is a photo of my Great-Great-Grandmother! And a photo of my "young" mother. Deb











2 comments:

Chosen1forlife said...

I think that if you were able to look just off camera in that pic of you grandma's grandma...you would see George Washington!

Just think...one day your granddaughter's granddaughter will be completely amazed at "ancient" photos of YOU!

Of course by then, there won't be photographs. There will only be animated holographic digitial animorphic replications...or something like that.

djrachal said...

I think that the picture of your grandma's grandma looks like grandma. it's the eyes. And I hope for all of our sakes that John is wrong and there will still be photos in the distant future. (in addition, of course, to animated holographic digital anamorphic replications and what not)