Thursday, March 6, 2008

Different kinds of....

Love

Your whole life, all you hear about is romantic love. It’s the love that fairy tales are made of. When I was young I remember watching Cinderella starring Leslie Ann Warren. My friends and I thought this movie was the greatest movie ever made. Well... something like that... It was 1965 and I was only 7 years old but that watching that movie I learned romantic “love”! And so I believed from then on that someday my prince would come and sweep me off my feet and I would live happily ever after.

But there’s another kind of love that’s every bit as poetic and magical. It’s the love between a parent and a child.

The first time you hold your tiny infant in your arms you know for sure that God is real and he loves you because he just blessed you with a miracle. When you give birth to your “perfect” child you truly feel like your life is complete. Then as your child grows older you suddenly realize what unconditional love really is.

I am now about to experience another kind of LOVE and my life will become even more complete.

TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!

In about two weeks… I will have a grand child!

Something I have been waiting for for quite awhile now. My oldest child will be a father! How amazing is that?

I won’t get to hold my grand baby until March 28th. I was going for Easter weekend but flights are too expensive so I will go the following week. I am a little disappointed but it will be okay.

Don't worry...NaNa will get to hold her SOON!

Deb

1 comment:

Chosen1forlife said...

I actually did see this already. I just didn't know what to write about this posting. It was nice though and good thoughts.
I hate that your countdown tracker thing doesn't work at ALL!

Do you want me to send more pictures for your blog? The nursery is constantly evolving!